List:       ceph-devel
Subject:    wip-crush-linear
From:       Sage Weil <sweil () redhat ! com>
Date:       2015-01-29 22:17:02

Hi Yujie,

I've rebased your congruential crush series on top of the other recent
CRUSH changes (mainly straw2 buckets) and made a few small changes and
cleanups.  Can you please take a look and see if I may have
missed anything?  It would also be helpful if you could verify that the
final version of raw_pg_to_pps

	https://github.com/ceph/ceph/commit/e42baff8e823cf088c50605433bef8334fe06785#diff-0bd9f9613a09a1111a9851762e70fcd4R1034

and the final linear bucket implementation and seed argument meet
your needs.  If so, it would be nice to merge this in alongside the straw2
changes so that there is a single feature bit to cover them both.

After thinking about the linear bucket some more I'm not sure it is worth
plugging any additional parameters in.

If you have any unit tests you can contribute that exercise the new code
that would be very helpful.  For example, a unit test that exercises the
seed selection code, or a generic test that constructs maps
with all bucket types and feeds in a bunch of inputs would be
great.

Thanks!
sage