List:       ceph-devel
Subject:    Ceph man page is out of sync with actual command options
From:       Loic Dachary <loic () dachary ! org>
Date:       2015-01-29 10:44:13

Hi David,

I see you created a pull requests for backporting documentation to firefly \
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/3521

And also three issues to track the backport on firefly, giant and future hammer:

http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/10676 http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/10677 \
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/10678

I'm not sure why http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/10678 is necessary ?

Since there does not seem to be an issue associated with the man page updates being \
backported, I understand why you created http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/10676. I \
would have expected to see, in the backport field of this issue, the string \
"firefly,giant" to note that the intention is to backport to these releases. I think \
that's what we usually do for backporting. Is there a specific reason for creating \
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/10677 ?

Cheers

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre