List:       ceph-devel
Subject:    Re: civetweb threads
From:       Mustafa Muhammad <mustafaa.alhamdaani () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-11-27 17:35:14

On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 7:18 PM, Yehuda Sadeh <yehuda@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 3:55 AM, Mustafa Muhammad
> <mustafaa.alhamdaani@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 10:28 AM, Mustafa Muhammad
>> <mustafaa.alhamdaani@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I am using civetweb in my radosgw, if I use "rgw thread pool size"
>>> that is more than 1024, civetweb doesn't work.
>>> e.g.
>>> rgw thread pool size = 1024
>>> rgw frontends = "civetweb port=80"
>>>
>>> #ps aux -L | grep rados | wc -l
>>> 1096
>>>
>>> everything works fine
>>>

>>> If I use:
>>> rgw thread pool size = 1025
>>> rgw frontends = "civetweb port=80"
>>>
>>> # ps aux -L | grep rados | wc -l
>>> 43
>>>
>>> And http server is not listening.
>>>
>>> If I don't use civetweb:
>>> rgw thread pool size = 10240
>>>
>>> # ps aux -L | grep rados | wc -l
>>> 10278
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Mustafa Muhammad
>>
>> I found the problem, it is hardcoded here:
>> https://github.com/ceph/civetweb/blob/master/src/civetweb.c
>> as:
>> #define MAX_WORKER_THREADS 1024
>>
>> I increased it to 20480 an compiled from source, problem solved.
>> I should we make a patch, right?
>
> Please do, preferably a github pull request. Also, if you could open a
> ceph tracker issue with the specific would be great.
Hi,
I opened an issue upstream:
https://github.com/bel2125/civetweb/issues/50
And this default is going to change to 64k using this pull request:
https://github.com/bel2125/civetweb/commit/23bdcc98dd72ac421ed0a9e82d66977089fbfe63

I should make a pull request and issue here too, right?
I tried to register with ceph issue tracker, but misspelled the email
address (wrote @gmai.com), now I can't take the name "mustafa" again
(I waited the request to expire, but until now I can't register).
Who can delete that wrong registration request so I can take this
username again?

Regards
Mustafa