List:       ceph-devel
Subject:    Re: async+direct IO in osd journal write
From:       Simon Tian <aixt2006 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-08-22 3:08:56

Hi,

For rand small write, libaio or posix direct aio would be very nice
for the IOPS, I think this kind of journal should be the same.

For data read and write, libaio will perform very nice for rand small
read and write. So If user create a rbd image for a KVM image, IOPS
will be much better if OSD handle IO with libaio. Bandwidth will be a
little better too.

Thx
Simon