List:       ceph-devel
Subject:    Re: [wiki] debian package setup error
From:       Asias He <asias.hejun () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-05-26 4:39:18

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 10:48 AM, Sage Weil <sage@newdream.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 26 May 2010, Asias He wrote:
>> Can anybody update the wiki page[1] for debian package setup.
>>
>> From:
>> deb http://ceph.newdream.net/debian/ lenny ceph-testing
>> deb-src http://ceph.newdream.net/debian/ lenny ceph-testing
>> To:
>> deb http://ceph.newdream.net/debian/ testing ceph-testing
>> deb-src http://ceph.newdream.net/debian/ testing ceph-testing
>
> Keep in mind that the first 'lenny' portion refers to the distribution the
> packages are built for (lenny, squeeze, sid or stable, testing, unstable)
> and the second bit refers to which ceph source branch is built.  Each
> branch is built for each distribution.  ceph-stable is the last release,
> ceph-testing is the release+fixes, and ceph-unstable is the bleeding edge.
> Mix and match!

The stable,testing,unstable term used for ceph confused me. :(
I missed the words "Note that 'lenny' can be replaced with any debian
dist: lenny, squeeze, sid, or an alias (stable, unstable, testing). "
below the repo setup example.

Mind to add a repo setup example  from the debian user's perspective?
e.g.
For lenny(stable) user:
For squeeze(testing) user:
For sid(unstable)  user: