List:       ceph-devel
Subject:    Re: [ceph-devel] cmds crashes with floating point exception
From:       Jürgen_Herrmann <Juergen.Herrmann () XLhost ! de>
Date:       2009-05-11 21:45:47

On Mon, May 11, 2009 20:00, Sage Weil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Unfortunately, the binaries in the package were stripped, so the core
> isn't terribly helpful.  I've uploaded a new 0.8 (unstable) package that
> isn't stripped.  I hope you're using amd64/x86_64?  The i386 packages are
> a bit out of date (I don't have a machine to build them at the moment.)
>
> Can you try with the latest (amd64) package, and/or build from source?
>
> Also, I've updated the sample ceph.conf to remove rare options and be a
> bit more informative.
>
> Thanks!
> sage

ok, now the bug occurrs from time to time. i installed latest 0.8
debian unstable packages.
please see the core at http://t5.by/.downloads/cephcores/core2.bz2

i'd like to ask a few other questions if you dont mind:
how is redundany or failover for the mds handled? why only one
entry in the sample config? how much should i expext it to be
working? the kernel client was stalled several times while
copying directories in my test setup.

btw what's that sudo option for that you mentioned below?

thanks for your help!

best regards,
jürgen