List:       ceph-devel
Subject:    [ceph-devel] crush, and it's use outside of ceph.
From:       "Ian Holsman (Lists)" <lists () holsman ! net>
Date:       2008-05-06 0:45:11

Hi
A couple of weeks back, your paper about crush was circulated on some
mailing lists I read (memcached and the apache webserver), and it looked
really great.

I was wondering if anyone has given thought to making 'crush' a separate
project in it's own right.
personally I'm hoping I can use it to help distribute data across mysql
and SOLR servers instead of blocks in a large filesystem. or is this not
really the best use for crush?

Regards
Ian