List:       ceph-community
Subject:    Re: [Ceph-community] Deploy and destroy monitors
From:       Joao Eduardo Luis <joao () suse ! de>
Date:       2018-12-20 17:00:18

On 12/20/2018 04:55 PM, João Aguiar wrote:
> I am having an issue with "ceph-ceploy mon"
>
> I started by creating a cluster with one monitor with "create-deploy new"… \
> "create-initial"... And ended up with ceph,conf like:
> mon_initial_members = node0
> mon_host = 10.2.2.2
> ….
>
> Later I try to deploy a new monitor (ceph-deploy mon create node1),  wait for it to \
> get in quorum and then destroy the node0 (ceph-deploy mon destroy node0).

Is the new monitor forming a quorum with the existing monitor? If not,
then you won't have monitors running when you remove node0.

Does ceph-deploy remove the mon being destroyed from the monmap? If not,
you'll have two monitors in the monmap, and you'll need a majority to
form quorum; for a 2 monitor deployment that means you'll need 2
monitors up and running.

> Result: Ceph gets unresponsive.

This is the typical symptom of absence of a quorum.

  -Joao