List:       ceph-community
Subject:    [Ceph-community] Introducing myself as Ceph Community Manager
From:       Mike Perez <miperez () redhat ! com>
Date:       2018-09-10 2:57:04

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hey all,

I wanted to introduce myself to the community as I have recently joined Red Hat
as the Ceph community manager. I have previously worked for DreamHost back in
2007 when Sage was at some earlier phases with Ceph. Later I helped work on one
of the first big deployments of Ceph at DreamHost for their public cloud
offering. That led me to help contribute to the RBD driver in OpenStack and
later helping to lead the OpenStack block storage project Cinder itself.
Eventually I was employed by the OpenStack Foundation for some time helping
with the community itself. And now, I'm back in Ceph providing a focus on the
community. :)

I would appreciate any suggestions/feedback people have in various community
improvements as I'm getting myself familiar with things. You can also reach me
on IRC OFTC server as nickname thingee.

I look forward to working with you all in growing Ceph's presence in various
adjacent projects and growing the community! Thanks!

--
Mike Perez (thingee)