List:       centos-virt
Subject:    [CentOS-virt] IBM GPFS filesystem
From:       Evan.Fraser () rms ! com (Evan Fraser)
Date:       2010-12-03 11:06:07

Hi Adam,

GPFS nodes can be licensed in two different ways.  As a node with storage locally \
attached (called NSDs), or as a client node that connects to NSD servers.

My Virtual servers are client nodes, and thus have an appropriate client license \
(these are cheap).  They connect via GPFS's RDMA over Infiniband to my GPFS NSD \
servers which are a much more expensive license.

The purpose of me doing it this way was to let me use storage already allocated to \
GPFS for my cluster without having to dedicate any luns to Virtual servers.

Cheers, Evan.

> Hi Evan,
>
> Thanks for the response.  Just out of curiosity, do you have to pay the
> extra licensing costs for each CentOS node?
>
> best,
>
> ...adam

This message and any attachments contain information that may be RMS Inc. \
confidential and/or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized \
to receive for the intended recipient), and have received this message in error, any \
use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited.   If you have received this \
message in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the e-mail and \
permanently deleting the message from your computer and/or storage system.