List:       centos-devel
Subject:    Re: [CentOS-devel] CentOS 5.7 has no centos-release-cr package
From:       Les Mikesell <lesmikesell () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-09-17 19:29:25

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Sep 17, 2011 11:24 AM, "Karanbir Singh" <mail-lists@karan.org> wrote:

> imho, it would be wrong to force people to get the centos-release-cr by
> default, specially in the centos-5 lifecycle since it would be a drastic
> change in the way things work and what people's expectations might be.[1]

Sorry, but I don't know any people who expected the default Centos update
behavior to lag months behind upstream for security fixes.

> The important bit being that we keep the CR repo opt-in, and do our best
> to create awareness of this repository, what it hopes to achieve and how
> people can get it installed on their machines.

How does it make sense to recommend one thing and make the default something
else?  Especially when the default is not what people expect?
--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@gmail.com