List:       centos
Subject:    Re: [CentOS] yum update security updates only
From:       "Laack, Andrea P" <Andrea.Laack () BSWHealth ! org>
Date:       2020-11-14 2:45:29

We utilize Spacewalk and the errata from https://cefs.steve-meier.de/ to provide this \
function for CentOS.

Andrea

-----Original Message-----
From: CentOS <centos-bounces@centos.org> On Behalf Of Jon Pruente
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2020 7:08 PM
To: CentOS mailing list <centos@centos.org>
Subject: {EXTERNAL} Re: [CentOS] yum update security updates only

CAUTION:  This email originated outside of BSWH; avoid action unless you know the \
content is safe. Send suspicious emails as attachments to BadEmail@BSWHealth.org.

On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 6:02 PM Eric Chennells <eric.chennells@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Frank,
>
> Interesting thank you I didn't realize that.  It used to be supported
> I believe, and there is a lot of out of date 3rd party documentation
> floating around google that suggests it does.
>
> Well it's just that many enterprises have policies which state that
> only security updates should be installed, which I suspect is exactly
> why that feature is no longer supported..

There are ways to get the metadata to do that, but it's still not officially \
supported. And as for enterprises mandating only security updates, they would/should \
pay for RHEL to get that kind of feature. \

The information contained in this e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and \
protected from disclosure, and no waiver of any attorney-client, work product, or \
other privilege is intended.  If you are the intended recipient, further disclosures \
are prohibited without proper authorization. If you are not the intended recipient \
(or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and \
destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the \
material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden and possibly a violation of federal or \
state law and regulations. The sender and Baylor Scott & White Health, and its \
affiliated entities, hereby expressly reserve all privileges and confidentiality that \
might otherwise be waived as a result of an erroneous or misdirected e-mail \
transmission. No employee or agent is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on \
behalf of Baylor Scott & White Health, or any affiliated entity, by e-mail without \
express written confirmation by the CEO, the Senior Vice President of Supply Chain \
Services or other duly authorized representative of Baylor Scott & White Health. \