List:       centos
Subject:    Re: [CentOS] OT: good free email service ?
From:       Warren Young <warren () etr-usa ! com>
Date:       2018-11-09 20:07:16

> https://protonmail.com/

Aside from semi-charitable organizations like that, I wouldn't expect good free email \
service to exist.  It's seriously complicated to run a properly-configured email \
server.

The last time I looked into it, there were something like 24 separate RFCs an \
SMTP-only server had to implement, and much of that complexity spills over into the \
administration side, such as DKIM setup.  Then you have everything outside of the \
protocol such as spam filtering, blacklist/greylist/whitelist maintenance, TLS key \
updates, OS updates, etc.

Expect to pay for what you use, either by throwing a whole lot of your own time at it \
or paying someone to spend that time on your behalf.  Unless you're doing this for \
educational or professional reasons, where the time spent is paid back handsomely, \
it's probably a better trade to pay someone to handle it for you. \