List:       centos
Subject:    [CentOS] ipsets/iptables question
From:       "TE Dukes" <tdukes () palmettoshopper ! com>
Date:       2016-08-29 22:34:07

Hello,

I have ipsets setup with a set of ip address that are badbots that won't
comply with robots.txt

This is a home server and these are most likely up to no good.

I came up with a script to extract ip address from my access_log then
another script to take ips and import them into my blacklist set.

(see my scripts in the .htaccess thread)

I can set these up as cron jobs but I'm not sure about the following:

1) after importing/updating the set, do I need to perform a,  ipset save
blacklist

Since I haven't changed the rule in iptables, do I need to run these?
2) service iptables save
3) service iptables restart

Thank!!