List:       centos
Subject:    Re: [CentOS] Recording piano and voice
From:       Mark LaPierre <marklapier () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-06-24 0:16:21

On 06/22/15 19:20, Frank Cox wrote:
> The last time I wanted to record a voice announcement on my computer was a few \
> years back, and as I recall I hooked up my Microsoft Lifechat headset and used \
> Audacity to do the recording.
> Now I want to record a "recitation", which consists of me playing my piano and \
> talking over it.
> I have a Casio CDP-230 digital piano but I've never tried hooking it up to my \
> computer and making a recording.  It does have a USB midi port on it, but I've \
> never used it.
> Has anyone else done something like this?  I'm wondering what the easiest way to \
> simultaneously record from a microphone and a digital piano would be.

1.) You can record the MIDI output with a program called MuseScore.
MuseScore can then export the file in MP3 format which you can import
into Audacity.  Piano part done.

2.) Then record the voice part into Audacity on a separate track from a
USB microphone plugged into your computer.  Voice part done.

3.) Edit and mix the two tracks to your heart's delight with Audacity.
Project done.

--
    _
    °v °