List:       centos
Subject:    Re: [CentOS]  VmWare Installation -- Where is C header directory,
From:       Benjamin Sher <delphi123 () zebra ! net>
Date:       2007-04-16 19:49:32

On Tuesday 17 April 2007 02:24, John R Pierce wrote:
> > Thank you so much for your kind help. I successfully installed perl-devel
> > from yum but looks like I am stuck. Would appreciate your help.
> >
> > Thanks again.
> >
> > Benjamin
> >
> > [root@localhost sher]# yum install perl-devel
> >
> > [sher@localhost ~]$ rpm -ql kernel-devel | grep /include/ | more
> > [sher@localhost ~]$
>
> um, did you
>
>     # yum install kernel-devel
>
> ?   try
>
>     # rpm -ql kernel-devel
>
> without the grep or more.
>
> its possible in CentOS5 the package name has changed, I haven't
> installed it yet anywhere.

Dear John:

Here is the output of your command. I installed kernel-devel. I tried once
again to install VMWare but I need to know the location of the "include"
subdirectory.

By the way, is Centos's Xen virtualization better, worse or just different
from VMWare? Which would you recommend?

Thank you again.

Benjamin

[sher@localhost ~]$ su