List:       castor-user
Subject:    Re: [castor-user] Castor Forums are down
From:       Ralf Joachim <ralf.joachim () syscon-world ! de>
Date:       2005-11-16 18:52:25

Hi Mike,

there are some reasons why Castor forum is down at the moment:

- The castor forum based on phpBB has been hacked 2 times in the past.
At one of this hacks the whole Castor server has been cleaned. As we
don't want to spend much time for updating forum software every few days
to the newest version and restore our data cleaned by some hackers we
don't want to use phpBB anymore.

- We also changed provider and he do not allow us to install such
vulnerable software.

- But the main reason is that setting up an alternative forum software
with our new provider isn't one of my top priorities. I prefered to fix
bugs and improve castor over setting up a new forum. Having said that
this lasts for about half a year. Shame on me.

Regards
Ralf