List:       cassandra-user
Subject:    Change IP address (on 3.11.14)
From:       Lapo Luchini <lapo () lapo ! it>
Date:       2022-12-06 11:40:42

Hi all,
     I'm trying to change IP address of an existing live node (possibly
without deleting data and streaming terabytes all over again) following
these steps:

https://stackoverflow.com/a/57455035/166524
1. echo 'auto_bootstrap: false' >> cassandra.yaml
2. add "-Dcassandra.replace_address=oldAddress" in cassandra-env.sh
3. restart node

But I get this error:

   Cannot replace address with a node that is already bootstrapped

So I guess that answer is outdated for 3.11.
(or was always wrong, given it is from 2019?)

Is there a way to do it?
Or should I delete all the DB on disk and bootstrap from scratch?

thanks,

--
Lapo Luchini
lapo@lapo.it