List:       cassandra-user
Subject:    Re: Separating storage and processing
From:       Devopam Mittra <devopam () gmail ! com>
Date:       2021-11-17 3:42:32

Hi there,
Please don't be worried about under utilization of CPU/RAM as it will
increase with active usage of the data in due course.

However, as pointed out already by other members , you may want to relook
at the hardware itself wherein 5TB per node storage with higher CPU+RAM can
rather be reconfigured into a larger number of lower capacity nodes ( less
CPU+RAM, Storage). It will give you more distribution resulting in faster
query response and faster recovery from node failure.

It will be a massive exercise to reorganize but the benefits are surely
more than the effort put in.
Moving to another platform/solution just for this reason isn't perhaps the
best option as you will lose the benefits of cassandra in that platform and
will have to remodel your data from scratch again.

regards
Dev