List:       cassandra-user
Subject:    Re: Changing num_tokens and migrating to 4.0
From:       Lapo Luchini <lapo () lapo ! it>
Date:       2021-03-22 8:18:07

On 2021-03-22 01:27, Kane Wilson wrote:
> You should be able to get repairs working fine if you use a tool such as
> cassandra-reaper to manage it for you for  such a small cluster. I would
> look into that before doing major cluster topology changes, as these can
> be complex and risky.

I was looking into a migration as I'm already using Cassanrea Reaper and
on the biggest keyspace is often taking more than 7 days to complete (I
set the segment timeout up to 2h, and most of 138 segments take more
than 1h, sometimes even failing the 2h limits due to, AFAICT, lengthy
compactions).

--
Lapo Luchini
lapo@lapo.it