Hi, I'm using a fairly standard install of Cassandra 3.11 on FreeBSD 12, by default filesystem is compressed using LZ4 and Cassandra tables are compressed using LZ4 as well. I was wondering if anybody had data about this already (or else, I will probably do some tests myself, eventually): would it be a nice idea to disable Cassandra compression and rely only on ZFS one? In principle I can see some pros: 1. it's done in kernel, might be slightly faster 2. can (probably) compress more data, as I see a 1.02 compression factor on filesystem even if I have compressed data in tables already 3. in upcoming ZFS version I will be able to use Zstd compression (probably before Cassandra 4.0 is gold) 4. (can inspect compression directly at filesystem level) But on the other hand application-level compression could have its advantages. cheers, -- Lapo Luchini lapo@lapo.it --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@cassandra.apache.org For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@cassandra.apache.org