List:       cassandra-user
Subject:    2021 Cassandra Kubernetes SIG
From:       Patrick McFadin <pmcfadin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2021-01-13 5:49:39

Hi everyone,

As 2021 is getting started, I've been cleaning up our wiki on the Cassandra
Kubernetes SIG. The last few SIG meetings have been mostly about the
ongoing merge efforts on the Cassandra Kubernetes Operator but have started
shifting to the topic of actually running Cassandra on Kubernetes.

To keep up with the evolving needs of our Cassandra community, I'm going to
make some changes to the agenda format for more participation. Starting
this Thursday, I'll be following this format:

 - Casandra Operator Update
 - K8ssandra Project Update (including Medusa and Reaper)
 - Related project updates(as available)
 - General Q&A from the community

The last part is what I'm most interested in trying to make work. Last year
I worked with a lot of Cassandra teams that were interested in bringing
Cassandra into their already running Kubernetes infrastructure, but felt a
little overwhelmed at the task ahead. We've seen a lot of great stuff
coming together to make this work and now is the time to support each other
in our community, build our group knowledge, and share. If you have
questions about how to get started or how to get past issues you are
finding along the way, bring them! If you are knowledgeable in Kubernetes,
we could use your help make Cassandra the default database for Kubernetes.
This is the year to make it happen and I'm excited to see our community
coming together.

I've also been talking to some other projects like Prometheus and OpenEBS.
I would like to invite them to future meetings to talk about how they can
help make Cassandra deployments even better. If you are with a related
project, contact me and lets get you on the calendar.

Helpful Links:
Cassandra Kubernetes SIG Wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CASSANDRA/Cassandra+Kubernetes+SIG

Calendar of meetings:
https://calendar.google.com/calendar/b/1?cid=a2w5cHVoZ2s3cXRkdXFhdHRlOHRmZDVtcHNAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ

Meeting link: https://datastax.zoom.us/j/390839037

Thanks and see you on Thursday for the first meeting of the year!

Patrick