List:       cassandra-dev
Subject:    Component Migration
From:       Benedict Elliott Smith <benedict () apache ! org>
Date:       2019-01-03 11:21:04

Following the vote for JIRA workflow changes, I have introduced the new Components \
and migrated any that were relatively easy*.  I have retained the old Component \
values with the prefix Legacy/.

I have also introduced the proposed Feature field into Component for now, until we \
can establish if it is possible to achieve an editable multi-select list. I have a \
ticket filed with Infra you can follow for progress on this and other changes: \

To complete the migration of Component, it would be appreciated if we could all \
chip-in.  The filter below will list all of those tickets your jira user has been \
associated with as either reporter, assignee or reviewer, that is also associated \
with one of the legacy component types.  It would be appreciated if you could slowly \
work through your own (perhaps starting with reporter and assignee, then moving onto \
reviewer if the tickets remain un-migrated in a week or two)

project = CASSANDRA AND component in ("Legacy/Coordination", "Legacy/Core", \
"Legacy/CQL", "Legacy/Distributed Metadata", "Legacy/Documentation and Website", \
"Legacy/Local Write-Read Paths", "Legacy/Observability", "Legacy/Streaming and \
Messaging", "Legacy/Testing", "Legacy/Tools") AND (assignee = currentUser() OR \
reviewer = currentUser() OR reviewers = currentUser() OR reporter = currentUser())

Disappointingly, the majority of tickets have *no* Component associated with them.  \
Perhaps we could have a similar cleanup effort for those lacking Component at a later \
date.

* there are some remaining bulk migrations I may be able to perform using fuzzy \
                string searches, but they won't go very far