List:       cassandra-dev
Subject:    Re: Proposed changes to CircleCI testing workflow
From:       Sumanth Pasupuleti <sumanth.pasupuleti.is () gmail ! com>
Date:       2018-10-29 4:57:00

Hi Stefan,

+1 on the CircleCI changes.

A few months ago, I took a shot at CircleCI to add support for Java 1.7 and
in the process (perhaps the more important takeaway), explored adding
"aliases" to avoid code duplication in the yml file (
https://github.com/apache/cassandra/pull/248/commits/47855675f4805a09b78059f7231311566f0e66f0).
I believe we can do similar optimization to
https://github.com/spodkowinski/cassandra/blob/WIP-14806/.circleci/config.yml
.

Also, with your changes, I believe we can close out CASSANDRA-14609.

I was also planning to work on CASSANDRA-14718 to validate artifacts
generation - let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Sumanth