List:       cassandra-dev
Subject:    Re: Re-adding a dead node in Cassandra 3.9
From:       Marco Giovannini <usernkey () gmail ! com>
Date:       2018-10-26 7:48:01

Hi,

We did this but with just two differences it wasn't 3.9 and and always a 3
.X version and we didn't keep the same ip.

We removed the dead node nodetool removenode

Installed Cassandra and configured it to as a new node (we have a playbook
for this) with the same conf that all the others.

Run a repair on each node

Run a cleanup on each node

I found this procedure if you wanna keep the same ip but I never tried it.

https://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/3.0/cassandra/operations/opsReplaceNode.html

Regards,
Marco