List:       cassandra-dev
Subject:    Failing Tests 2016-07-26 [cassandra-3.9]
From:       Josh McKenzie <jmckenzie () apache ! org>
Date:       2016-07-26 22:56:52

So today's report looks a little rough. Had the following come up:

   - Extensive timeouts on testall. We've seen this before and a re-run
   usually resolves it. Do we think this might be a provisioning / hardware
   limitation problem? Are the tests too long / too close to the boundary on
   runtime and need to be optimized? Perhaps they're flaky and hang?
   - cassandra-3.9_novnode_dtest didn't kick off last night. It's set to a
   midnight SCM pull and we had changes commit to the branch yesterday, so not
   sure what's up with that. Scheduled a manual run.
   - CASSANDRA-12235 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-11235>
   still needs triage. Looks like it's trivial (from the description).

org.apache.cassandra.cql3.ViewFilteringTest.testClusteringKeyFilteringRestrictions
<http://cassci.datastax.com/job/cassandra-3.9_testall/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/or \
g.apache.cassandra.cql3/ViewFilteringTest/testClusteringKeyFilteringRestrictions> \
Timeout - probably env. Re-running. \
org.apache.cassandra.cql3.ViewFilteringTest.testMVCreationSelectRestrictions \
<http://cassci.datastax.com/job/cassandra-3.9_testall/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/org.apache.cassandra.cql3/ViewFilteringTest/testMVCreationSelectRestrictions>
 Timeout - probably env. Re-running.
org.apache.cassandra.cql3.ViewTest.testPrimaryKeyOnlyTable
<http://cassci.datastax.com/job/cassandra-3.9_testall/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/org.apache.cassandra.cql3/ViewTest/testPrimaryKeyOnlyTable>
 Timeout - probably env. Re-running.
org.apache.cassandra.cql3.validation.entities.UFTest.testDropKeyspaceContainingFunctionDropsPreparedStatementsWithDelayedValues
 <http://cassci.datastax.com/job/cassandra-3.9_testall/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/o \
rg.apache.cassandra.cql3.validation.entities/UFTest/testDropKeyspaceContainingFunctionDropsPreparedStatementsWithDelayedValues>
 Timeout - probably env. Re-running.
org.apache.cassandra.cql3.validation.entities.UFTest.testJavaFunctionArgumentTypeMismatch
 <http://cassci.datastax.com/job/cassandra-3.9_testall/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/o \
rg.apache.cassandra.cql3.validation.entities/UFTest/testJavaFunctionArgumentTypeMismatch>
 Timeout - probably env. Re-running.
org.apache.cassandra.cql3.validation.operations.AggregationTest.testJavaAggregateSimple
 <http://cassci.datastax.com/job/cassandra-3.9_testall/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/o \
rg.apache.cassandra.cql3.validation.operations/AggregationTest/testJavaAggregateSimple>
 Timeout - probably env. Re-running.
org.apache.cassandra.cql3.validation.operations.SelectTest.testSelectOnCompositeInvalid
 <http://cassci.datastax.com/job/cassandra-3.9_testall/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/o \
rg.apache.cassandra.cql3.validation.operations/SelectTest/testSelectOnCompositeInvalid>
 Timeout - probably env. Re-running.
org.apache.cassandra.db.lifecycle.LogTransactionTest.testObsoletedDataFileUpdateTimeChanged-compression
 <http://cassci.datastax.com/job/cassandra-3.9_testall/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/o \
rg.apache.cassandra.db.lifecycle/LogTransactionTest/testObsoletedDataFileUpdateTimeChanged-compression>
 Timeout - probably env. Re-running.
org.apache.cassandra.index.internal.CassandraIndexTest.indexOnNonFrozenSetWithReplaceOperation
 <http://cassci.datastax.com/job/cassandra-3.9_testall/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/o \
rg.apache.cassandra.index.internal/CassandraIndexTest/indexOnNonFrozenSetWithReplaceOperation>
 Timeout - probably env. Re-running.
cdc_test.TestCDC.test_cdc_data_available_in_cdc_raw
<http://cassci.datastax.com/job/cassandra-3.9_dtest/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/cdc_test/TestCDC/test_cdc_data_available_in_cdc_raw>
 11811 blambov
rebuild_test.TestRebuild.simple_rebuild_test
<http://cassci.datastax.com/job/cassandra-3.9_dtest/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/rebuild_test/TestRebuild/simple_rebuild_test>
 11687 ymorishita
offline_tools_test.TestOfflineTools.sstablelevelreset_test
<http://cassci.datastax.com/job/cassandra-3.9_dtest/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/offline_tools_test/TestOfflineTools/sstablelevelreset_test>
 11235 Needs Triage
cassandra-3.9_novnode_dtest - didn't run last night ? ? Started manually
cassandra-3.9_dtest_upgrade -> 74 failures 12236 Patch available, waiting
on test runs and review
Assuming 12236 fixes most or all of our upgrade woes and the testall was a
flaky run, we're down to 3 + whatever fails on novnode_dtest, so making
progress!

~Josh