List:       cassandra-dev
Subject:    Re: Better code review
From:       Josh McKenzie <jmckenzie () apache ! org>
Date:       2016-06-15 13:44:39

We had a pretty long conversation about this very topic on the dev list
awhile ago (search for "Discussion: reviewing larger tickets" on the
mailing list). I think the final conclusion was that having the
back-and-forth via JIRA helped codify some of the design decisions that
took place during implementation and review that could be lost using an
external tool.

So while it's extra overhead and very raw from a tooling perspective, the
pros outweighed the cons.