List:       cassandra-dev
Subject:    Re: 2.0
From:       Bill_de_hÓra <bill () dehora ! net>
Date:       2012-11-30 23:36:39

I'm not thrilled with Thrift, but I'd like to see and hear more real
world use of CQL first (Avro all the things is not that long ago).

That said, a major rev /could/ do this - not start the thrift server by
default.  It's then a hoop jump to enable it via nodetool/yaml, and
signals to the client communities and user base, where the project
intends to go.

Bill