List:       cassandra-dev
Subject:    =?UTF-8?Q?Re:=20Is=20SuperColumn=20necessary=3F?=
From:       "Stu Hood" <stu.hood () rackspace ! com>
Date:       2010-05-05 19:41:02

Hey Ed,

I've been working on a similar approach for arbitarily nested/compound column names \
in #998. See: http://github.com/stuhood/cassandra/blob/998/src/java/org/apache/cassandra/db/ColumnKey.java

The goal is to provide native support and potentially (in the very long term), API \
support for nested/compound names. The difference between our approaches boils down \
to needing to define a comparator for every level in #998, versus having dynamic \
types per name in your approach.

Thanks,
Stu