List:       cap-talk
Subject:    Re: [cap-talk] Why aren't safer OS being used.
From:       David-Sarah Hopwood <david-sarah () jacaranda ! org>
Date:       2009-09-29 18:40:05

Mark Miller wrote:
> I protest. I very rarely do this, but I feel this is just too
> off-topic and inappropriate for cap-talk. Please let us stop
> discussing corporate culture, brain rotting, etc, unless it has some
> direct relevance to capabilities.

Mark, I believe you've unintentionally put words into my mouth here.
I did not say, or mean, or ever would say, that working for Microsoft
causes "brain rotting".

To be clear, what I meant was that working for Microsoft (to a greater
extent than other large companies) seemed to make its employees more
likely to make design compromises that would lead to a particular kind
of overcomplication and insecurity in their systems, that is
characteristic of Microsoft systems in general.

I also believe that this is directly relevant to the question in the
subject line.