List:       cap-talk
Subject:    Re: [cap-talk] Summer of Code
From:       Kevin Reid <kpreid () mac ! com>
Date:       2007-02-26 20:26:11

On Feb 26, 2007, at 14:33, Mark Seaborn wrote:
> Would you want a Python implementation of E's Pluribus protocol?  (Is
> it still called Pluribus or is it called CapTP?)

If I understand correctly, Pluribus is CapTP + VatTP.

VatTP is the encryption/vat-identity component, and CapTP is the
distributed reference component.

MarkM once told me [approximately] that CapTP is sufficiently complex
that he considered it a better idea to write an E implementation and
run (the as yet unwritten) CapTP-in-E on it than to reimplement CapTP
in other languages.