List:       cap-talk
Subject:    Re: [cap-talk] Evlan presentation slides
From:       Sandro Magi <naasking () higherlogics ! com>
Date:       2006-10-06 14:44:52

Evlan does look very interesting, and it includes many ideas I've been
considering myself (dependent types in particular).

My only concern with persistence, is that an application will sometimes
need to specify its own safe checkpoints (think stock trading). I didn't
see any mention whether different objects in the same VM can have
different checkpoint intervals, or specify "checkpoint me now".

One suggestion to reduce your workload: since the compiler/VM is built
in C++, perhaps you should consider a compiler/VM frameworks like LLVM
(http://llvm.org) or C-- (http://cminusminus.org/). You'd then get
cross-platform native compilation as a bonus (for LLVM at least -- I'm
less familiar with C--).

Sandro