List:       calligra-devel
Subject:    Re: Qt5 Port Status
From:       René_J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-03-23 10:37:59

On Monday March 23 2015 11:01:11 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> > > doesn't support sharing the same area across different libraries, which is
> > > something we do a lot in Calligra. We have three options: remove all the
> > > areas (as I did in koplugin), make areas per library or create a new
> > ^^^^^^^^^^^
> > I guess that you could use macros or something similar to fold those different \
> > areas to a single one after the conversion?
>
> Well, we want to have a lot of different areas, Calligra is so complex
> that we need a fine-grained way to turn debug on/off.

I thought you wanted to keep "sharing the same area across different libraries, which \
is something we do a lot in Calligra"?

> > Does that mean that the KDE (4 and 5) headers are not conceived to co-exist (the \
> > libraries are, I'd presume) or else, why is that? If in general one cannot have a \
> > system that allows you to build KDE4 applications as well as KF5 applications \
> > that's something we're going to want to know and deal with (as soon and as far as \
> > possible) in MacPorts ...
>
> The problem is kde4libs support: that framework conflicts with the regular
> kde4 headers.

So we should be fine if we configure KF5 to put its headers in, say, \
/opt/local/include/kf5 instead of just /opt/local/include like KDE4 does (in \
MacPorts)? (Or we'd have to re-organise KDE4 too so it puts its headers into \
/opt/local/include/kde4, to prevent accidental confusion ...)

It's surprising though that KF5 wasn't conceived to avoid this kind of name clashing \
, e.g. by putting the kde4support headers in a subdirectory and inciting devs to \
change their #include statements to add that path (#include <kde4support/kfoo.h> \
instead of #include <kfoo.h>).

R.