List:       calligra-devel
Subject:    RFC: cleanup tools/, split into developer tools and user extras
From:       "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <kossebau () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-02-17 17:54:00

Hi,

tools/ is turning into a dumping ground for all kind of stuff that does not
fit into the other dirs.

At least packagers are left with guessing as e.g. the tools/README is
outdated, so at least the OpenSUSE packaging spec I recently saw just dumps
everything into one package calligratools. Surely not perfect.

User-oriented:
calligra
okularodpgenerator
properties
quickprint
converter
thumbnail

Developer-oriented:
cstester
fixsrc
iconcheck
scripts
slidecompare

Any proposals how to reflect this splitup in the directory hierarchy?

My idea woud be to move all user-oriented stuff into a new toplevel dir named
"extras/", as "tools" seems rather standard to contain developer utilities,
while "extra" somehow sounds like more-useful stuff, so packagers should
better get it, next to updated READMEs.

Now your better ideas :)

Cheers
Friedrich