List:       calligra-devel
Subject:    Cartography
From:       Brylie Oxley <brylie () gnumedia ! org>
Date:       2012-11-13 3:46:27

Hi all,
I am studying Free/Open Source software for cartography and geographic
information systems. I am documenting the tools that I find at
http://libregeo.org

I have been unable to find a robust tool that would perform advanced
cartographic functions. As such, I am looking to the KDE developer
community to find suggestions how I could merge data from tools such as
Quantum GIS (http://qgis.org) with the vector illustration capabilities
from Calligra.

What are some considerations and steps that I can take to bridge
functionality in this much needed area?

--
Brylie Oxley
http://GNUmedia.org (GNU.media)