On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 2:26 AM, Jaroslaw Staniek <staniek@kde.org> wrote:
On 23 February 2012 19:56, Smit Patel <smitpatel24@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Jaroslaw Staniek <staniek@kde.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 23 February 2012 13:31, Smit Patel <smitpatel24@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi everyone,
>> >
>> > I'd like to propose a GSoC project. Here's the brief description about
>> > project idea.
>> > Provide a dbus API that provides an generic interface that can be used
>> > by
>> > external bibliography engines (xbiblio, kbibtex, bibus)
>> > Calligra words doesn't have a good way to manage references. These
>> > engines
>> > can manage references and insert bibliography using interface provided.
>>
>> Hello,
>> That's nice idea. First question - would you see this as a project
>> emploing databases (e.g. SQLite) and adding some GUIs?
>
> No. But this has to be done for sure (not necessarily part of this GSoC
> project).

I see. Then what do you thing would be the main part if not the
backend or the data abstraction with sharing interface? GUIs?
Main part of the project will be providing an API that provides an interface that is specifically geared towards bibliography engines like bibus[1], kbibtex [2] . While still being generic enough that different citation tools can all use it.

[1] http://bibus-biblio.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
[2] http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~fischer/kbibtex/

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek