List:       calligra-devel
Subject:    Re: Request to lower translation requirements for including
From:       Cyrille Berger Skott <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2011-09-30 12:49:00

Hi,

I can of do. But it does not mean I am totally inflexible ;)

It is the problem with thresholds, they have to be set somewhere. And there
are always people that are slightly bellow, and who are going to be
disappointed. Currently we have a threshold at 70%, which is lower than the
KDE one. Is it a good one or bad one, I don't really know, I don't think it is
possible to evaluate anyway. That is for the objection part.

Now comes the flexible part. We have always granted exception to the 70% rule,
on a per demand basis, especially in the hope to provide some advertisement to
the translation team and some motivation. That is why it is by request, since
it shows to us that you are motivated. So following that principle, I am going
to add the Czech translation for 2.4. And if for future release, the
translation is still below 70%, just email us to show that you are still
interested and motivated to translate calligra.

Note: since the selection of translations is made by a script, and I need to
override it, I might forget about it, so if you don't see the czech
translation in a 2.4 release, email me, and I will fix that.

On Friday 30 September 2011, Vít Pelčák wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm member of Czech KDE translation team with commit access to svn. We
> reached 63% of translation of Calligra suite.
>
> http://i18n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kde4/team/cs/calligra/
>
> I'd like to ask whether it would be possible to lower requirements for
> language to be included. I think we are able to reach 65%.
>
> Mostly important things are translated and user shouldn't hit
> untranslated strings often. Also, it might be more motivating for
> other teams as well.
>
> Do you have some objection to lower requirement to 60-65%?
>
> Thanks for reply.
>
> Regards
> Vit Pelcak

Cyrille Berger Skott