List:       calligra-devel
Subject:    Re: Beta 2 tagging delay
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2011-09-29 7:44:01

On Thursday 29 September 2011 Sep, Cyrille Berger Skott wrote:
> I am rather convince that our current model (or the one we aim at, ie master
> in a releasable state at all time), but it does require people to accept that
> their latest newest shiny super cool feature is less important than shipping a
> finished product to our users, and therefor merge things that are reasonnably
> ready, for which the developers don't know of any major bugs. Maybe we should
> have a long discussion on the development workflow at the next sprint.

It also means that we need to setup the system of branches we have discussed before a \
couple of times already. We don't have that now, with the result that we are still \
working as if in svn.

And there is still the problem that branches don't get enough user testing which is \
why we thought that Dmitry's strokes branch was pretty ok. Several people have tested \
it, but not thoroughly enough.

> Anyway, at this point we are facing with the problem of a broken krita for the
> next beta, and we really only have two options:
> * revert krita to the state before the merge
> * push the release of the beta from one week, and hope it is enough for its
> developers to fix the problems

Well, that's what we asked for.

--
Boudewijn Rempt