List:       calligra-devel
Subject:    Re: Plasma Active Roadmap
From:       Marco Martin <notmart () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-08-12 10:21:01

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 12:01 PM, Boudewijn Rempt <boud@valdyas.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Calligra Active is a subset of Plasma Active. Following discussions with Aaron, we \
> decided to sit down and make kind of a roadmap with prioritized features for \
> Calligra Active. I'll add it to the community wiki as well.

rocking :)

> After discussion with the maintainer, Shantanu, we arrived at this:
>
> Mission statement:
>
> The first release of Calligra Active will be a capable, performant document, \
> finger-friendly viewer for tablets that can pan and zoom smoothly and display \
> office documents but not PDF.
> For the first release (with Calligra 2.4), open tasks are:
>
> * integreation with the desktop search system
> * include a presentation mode (needs some hacking in stage itself to reuse stage's \
>                 presentation mode)
> * support search
> * support select
> * support copy

i may add
* Share Like Connect integration  (if using qml it's literally 3 lines ;))

> Long term goals are:
>
> * support PDF (unless plasma active already has a finger-friend pdf viewer, we \
>                 intend to use the same frontend for finding documents, and poppler \
>                 for display)
> * support editing of text
> * support editing of graphics

at the moment there is okular installed.
it's not bad, a more touch ready version would be good tough.
now i don't know how much of okular can be recycled (being quite
depending from qwidget) would be good with not reinventing an
application from scratch, but i trust you guys there on what can or
can't be done :)

Cheers,
Marco Martin