List:       calendarserver-users
Subject:    Re: [CalendarServer-users] Access Permission
From:       Guy <guy () britewhite ! net>
Date:       2010-03-26 11:53:19

IF you have Mac ical.app then you can do that in there...

Go to the ical.app preferences -> accounts -> select the calendar account -> \
delegation

Select "Edit" at the bottom... now enter the persons name..IF they want write access \
tick the box, if not they just get read access.

IF you don't use ical.app then you'll need to setup the DCS configuration files to \
handle it.  You don't say which version of calendar server your using.  Version 2 and \
version 3 have it in different places..

Version 2:  edit accounts.xml
-----------------
  <user>
    <uid>fred</uid>
    <guid>9812739837128379123</guid>
    <password>kjhadsfkljhasdf</password>
    <name>fred blogs</name>
    <first-name>fred</first-name>
    <last-name>blogs</last-name>
    <cuaddr>mailto: fred@blogs.com</cuaddr>
    <proxies>
	   <member type="users">jim</member>
	</proxies>
  </user>

note the "proxies" entry at the bottom, this give jim full access to fred calendar, \
if jim only needs read access then change "proxies" to "proxies-read"

Version 3: edit proxies.xml
--------------

	<record>
		<!-- fred -->
		<guid> 9812739837128379123 </guid>
		<proxies>
	   		<member>958670958607985</member>
		</proxies>
	</record>

this time you have to specify the GUID for both entryes... again change "proxies" to \
"proxies-read" to only give read access.

Cheers,
---Guy