List:       caldera-users
Subject:    Re: A WINE question... Is the slow speed a result of my video card?
From:       dep <dep () westnet ! com>
Date:       1999-09-09 0:26:01

On Wed, 08 Sep 1999, Jared Stevens wrote:
|I have COL 2.2 with WINE installed... (unless WINE hq released a version in the
|last week, it should me the most recent version.)
|I ran StarCraft with Wine and it loaded... it just went really slow.
|I was wondering if it was because I don't have the right video card drivers for
|XFree86 installed.

possibly, but probably not. wine ain't wine yet -- just crushed
grapes and toe jam. it's chiefly the means whereby windows solitaire
can be played on a linux machine. and in my experience, it has
actually gotten worse over the last six months or so. if you want to
run winapps, you pretty much need vmware. www.vmware.com.

--
                2000 is a number that breaks computers.