List:       caldera-users
Subject:    Re: smbmount on COL2.2
From:       Joel Hammer <jhammer2 () home ! com>
Date:       1999-07-31 21:44:20

Christopher Hutton wrote:

> Has anyone been able to use smbmount on 2.2. I have tried many different
> forms of the command and consistently get either errors, or I get no
> output but the drive is not mounted when I do an ls. The most common
> error I get is

Once you get smbmount working, be advised that there is a bug in the
shutdown network script in COL 2.2. If you shutdown with any drives
smbmounted, the shutdown process will hang, forcing you to hard reboot
and occasionally messing up your hard drive so you can't boot off it.
Yes, this all happened to me!
The fix I have for it, which I have reported to the author of the
script, who agreed there is a bug here, is to place the following line
in the "network" script (/etc/rc.d/init.d/network) in the shutdown
section:
  echo "Shutting down network devices..."
# My entry to umount smbfs drives
  umount `mount | grep smbfs | xargs -n1 -0 |  cut -d' ' -f3` >
/dev/null 2>&1

Joel
-
To unsubscribe: send "unsubscribe users" to majordomo@lists.calderasystems.com