List:       caldera-users
Subject:    <TID>Win98 can't ping it-another unfair comparison
From:       JHammer609 () aol ! com
Date:       1999-06-30 23:26:16

Just playing around, I tested my linux/win98 box with a Linksys  PCI Lan Card
II  (ne2000 compatible) by pinging it with the f (flood) option from a linux
box with a tulip card.
With linux loaded, the loss rate was reported as 0%. With win98 loaded, the
loss rate was 6%.
With a win95 box with a tulip based card (Kingston), the loss rate was 1%.
So, win98 with ne2000 cards  underperforms linux with the same card. win95
with a tulip card does slightly worse than linux with the ne2000 card.
I can't afford windowsNT, so I will have to stick to linux.
Joel
-
To unsubscribe: send "unsubscribe users" to majordomo@lists.calderasystems.com