List:       caldera-users
Subject:    Re: No sound through any of the kde apps.
From:       jordan <jgrignon () home ! com>
Date:       1999-05-31 18:10:53

On Mon, 31 May 1999, you wrote:
> I appreciate your help but I'm not completely new to the kde environment and I
> know how to set the environment sounds.  I can choose events and set the sounds
> for them all day but there is no sound played.
>
> jordan wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 31 May 1999, you wrote:
> > > Happy Memorial Day!
> > >
> > > As you can see by the long string of messages bellow that I'd be having
> > > a better day if I could fix this sound problem. The long and short of it
> > > is that I can't make any noise (throught the sound card that is). If
> > > ya'll would be so kind as to take a look at the following banter and
> > > give me some helpfull advice.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Keith
> >         Well no desktop sounds are set as default, you actually have to assign
> > sounds to each event.  I would suggest K-Menu->settings->sound->systems sounds.
> > Make sure the enable system sounds is indeed checked.  Next choose a sound from
> > the list on the left, and click the button that says test sound.  If it plays
> > you have sounds on your desktop and the next step is to go choose an even from
> > the right side of the list (single left click) and then choose a sound for that
> > event from the list on the left (single left click), then repeat for each of
> > the events, assigning the sounds you want for each one.
> > -Jordan
	Try changing /etc/inittab to boot into default run-level 3, and then
when your computer boots you'll be in console mode, type kde to start kde and
watch the messages on startup to see if the kaudioserver is intialized.
-Jordan
-
To unsubscribe: send "unsubscribe users" to majordomo@lists.calderasystems.com