List:       caldera-users
Subject:    Re: Serious Problem
From:       Rob Walker <rob () varesearch ! com>
Date:       1999-05-31 18:01:45

Darry> Help!!!  I recently installed COL 2.2 as a dula boot woth Win95
Darry> on my home PC. The problem is.....my wife and kids saw me
Darry> playing SameGame ! Now I can't get near the computer without
Darry> fighting them off of it first. Does anyone know if there is a
Darry> Win version I can put on the Family Win95 machine so I can get
Darry> back to some serious study of this wonderful OS.

Darry,

this is the beauty of linux.  it is multiuser.  let them stay at the
linux box, playing their games, and you can use the box from across
the house.  (they _are_ on a shared ethernet, right?)  go over to the
w95 machine, and search for VNC.  you should end up somewhere with
olivetti research labs.

download the linux server and the windows client.  install the two
pieces of software.  telnet to the linux machine from the windows
machine, and run the server.  i think it is called vncserver or
something like that.  then go to the w95 box, and connect to the linux
box from the windows box.

if the chair is more comfy in front of the w95 machine, have fun with
linux from there.  if it is more comfy in front of the linux box,
start up same gnome, and entice the other users over to the w95 box,
and you can go back to the linux box.  i have also found that xeyes
and xearth is a good tool to move bodies around a room.

rob
-
To unsubscribe: send "unsubscribe users" to majordomo@lists.calderasystems.com