List:       caldera-users
Subject:    Re: Initiating Commands in X
From:       "Pollywog" <pollywog () shadypond ! com>
Date:       1998-05-28 20:59:26

Date sent:      	Thu, 28 May 1998 14:40:01 -0600
From:           	Erik Ratcliffe <erik@caldera.com>
To:             	caldera-users@rim.caldera.com
Subject:        	Re: Initiating Commands in X
Send reply to:  	caldera-users@rim.caldera.com

> On Thu, May 28, 1998 at 01:36:08PM -0700, Pollywog wrote:
> > Now I have problems because the fvmrc files are missing.  I don't know if
> > reinstalling all of XFree would bring them back.
>
> I would remove fvwm and reinstall it then.  The configuration for that isn't
> affected by XFree86 (they're separate entities).  For that matter, you may
> need to remove and reinstall the 'wmconfig' package as well as fvwm.

Yippee!!  That did it.

Thanks Erik and all others who helped  :)
This mess all started because I was advised by someone on IRC that I could
get 256 colors on my Number Nine Reality 334 video card if I installed the
latest RedHat XFree packages.  I made the mistake of using them without
realizing they use the new glibc.  Big mistake.

16 colors will have to do until I replace my video card.

--Andrew