List:       caldera-users
Subject:    <TID> Re: Linuxconf.... (install problem: rpm did not finished)
From:       Evan Leibovitch <evan () telly ! org>
Date:       1997-11-30 6:52:31

On Fri, 28 Nov 1997, wayward wrote:

> Andrew McKay wrote:

> > I know I'm going to regret asking, but what's a 'beany'?

A "Beanie" is one of the two main characters on one of my all-time
favorite cartoon programs, "Beanie and Cecil".

It's also the kind of cap Beanie wore.

(or was he called Beanie because he wore that kind of cap? Never mind.)

> hehehehehe, us older critters remember the beanie, kinda like a baseball
> cap without the duckbill... if you were really brave, you could sport a
> propeller at the apex of said "beanie" from whence the term "propeller
> head" is derived. I doubt ANY of these have survived since the 50's.

I bought one from an FAO Schwartz store three years ago.

- Evan (who always rooted for 'Dishonest John')