List:       caldera-users
Subject:    lg problems
From:       Christopher Mahmood <chris () rover ! ucr ! edu>
Date:       1997-09-29 9:54:44

hi all,
i having problems with looking glass (again) under COL base 1.1.  Fvwm
starts fine, but lg refused to start as did any programs from the
left-button menus. So, after searching the mailing list archives at 2am
(there really are a lot of people having trouble with lg) i found someone
with a similar problem--the suggested fix was to rename ~/lg and copy the
directory from another user (which on my machine is root).  Didn't work,
so i tried removing all of the lg rpms and reinstalling them...didn't
work.  In desperation (it's about 3:30am) i backed-up everything in my
home directory, removed the account, and then created a new account for
myself.  This sort of worked; now lg comes up, but none of the programs
from the left-button menus start except goodstuff (whose buttons no longer
work).  Oddly (?), all of the programs from the icon bar work as does
anything started from a shell or from a directory window.
If it means anything, anything started from a menu shows up as 'sleep'
(why?), then dies.
Please someone help...i've had nothing but trouble with lg since i
upgraded from CND to COL1.0/1.1--it's starting to remind of my windows 3.1
days.  Thanks for any help,
-ckm