List:       caldera-users
Subject:    Re: 2 Monitors + COL Wkstn
From:       Andy McRory <pcdr () pcdr ! com>
Date:       1997-01-09 0:24:56

On Wed, 8 Jan 1997, wayward wrote:

>CUT!<
>
> Can the Novell apps and RPM's be copied from our original CND CD's onto
> COL? ric

Hi ric,

I have successfully installed nwclient and NDS/Bindery RPM's but I had to
use the statically linked nwamd on caldera's ftp site for the auto
mounter. You will need the nkfs.o for linux-2.0.25 as well.

It could be something in me setup but I don't think the Netware access is
as robust under kernel 2. I had terrible luck with an Intel Etherexpress
16 NIC but with a generic NE5500 PCI card it works ok. Me thinks the Intel
drivers are a bit tooooo beta anyway - I hear the chipset is a BEAR to
program for.

Haven't tried the backup.unet RPM but version of Xaccel that shipped with
CND is the only commercial server to run Wabi *at all* in my attempts.
Just *JUNK* Metro-X until they can figure out what the hell they are
doing. Dang! I am sorry for getting mean! I just wonder how much more
Xinside was asking for...

Andy McRory
pcdr@pcdr.com