List:       caldera-users
Subject:    Re: Desktop problem after upgrade to 3.0.3
From:       Gregory Scott Whittier <gswhitti () rainbow ! uchicago ! edu>
Date:       1996-06-27 14:49:13

> I upgraded CND v1.0 with the Red Hat Picasso upgrade night before last.
> Afterwards, I did the restore from the rpmsave & rpmorig files (I did this
> before).  One small problem occurred, however.  Now, when I exit from the
> desktop, it doesn't exit.  It just kind of hangs; I have to put the cursor at
> the top margin, where it apparantly can 'see' a bit of the fvwm frame, and get
> an exit menu from there.  I'd like to restore the original behavior.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> TIA
>
> Rick F.

Rick,

	I have had this exact problem.  You choose exit, "File" remains
highlighted and the desktop hangs.  This came up when I upgraded from
PVII ( a complete reinstall, but I left the users home directories),
and when I upgraded to kernel 2.0 after I had upgrade to 3.0.3.
	Anyway, in both cases, I found a corrupted ~/lg/lg3_soundPred
file to be the culprit.  Deleting that single file eliminated the behavior.
	I've been procrastinating sending these files to someone.  Is
Jeff Barr the apropriate person to send these too?

						Greg Whittier
						gswhitti@rainbow.uchicago.edu